Cruise/Tour Combo: Zagreb to Split Tour & Deluxe Superior Cruise Split to Split on MS Yolo 10nts
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Croatia, Slovenia and an excursion to Montenegro
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, May - October
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Croatia, Slovenia and an excursion to Montenegro
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, May - October
- Historic City of Trogir (1997)
- Historical Complex of Split with the Palace of Diocletian (1979)
- Old City of Dubrovnik (1979)
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (1979)
- Natural and Culturo-Historical Region of Kotor (1979)
- Zagreb (Croatia Capital)
- Ljubljana (Slovenia Capital)
- Lake Bled
- Mljet Island National Park
- Hvar Island
- Korčula Island
- Brač Island
11 days from Zagreb, Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Split, Hvar, Vela Luka, Pomena, Mljet, Slano, Dubrovnik, Korcula, Brac, Split
Cruise/Tour Combination: Escorted land tour from Zagreb, through Slovenia and northern Croatia to Split, then join our 7 night Adriatic Cruise along the Dalmatian coast and islands all the way to Dubrovnik and then finish back in Split. Half-board meals, arrival transfer and standard excursions package included.
Deluxe Superior Ship: MS Yolo
2021 dates available!
11 days from Zagreb, Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Split, Hvar, Vela Luka, Pomena, Mljet, Slano, Dubrovnik, Montenegro Excursion, Elaphite Islands, Korcula, Brac, Omis, and back to Split
Adults only tour and cruise combo, though usually clients are more couples, mature solo travellers or small groups ranging from 35-75yrs. Double/twin cabins on Main and Lower Deck on DLX ships. Most triple cabins are a queen bed and single bed and most are on the Lower Deck. Solo travellers must book a double/twin for solo use with a solo use supplement.
SHIP INFO AND PHOTOS:
Same combo on a different ship: https://discovercroatia.com.au/details/11511/309/cruise-tour-slovenia-croatia-combo-providenca/
Similar combo finishing in Dubrovnik: https://discovercroatia.com.au/details/11511/19/cruise-tour-slovenia-croatia-on-ms-agape-rose/
INCLUDED COACH TOUR:
• Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
• Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
• Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
• Arrival airport transfer
SIGHTSEEING TOURS ON COACH TOUR:
• Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice lakes, Split
• Entrances to Plitvice Lakes, Split
• 8 days / 7 nights cruise
• Departure transfer to Split airport or hotel
• Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
• Welcome drink and snack
• Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet, except on day 5 when dinner is included instead of lunch
• Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
• Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
• Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
• 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
• Towels change every second day
• Bed linen change once a week
• Daily cabin cleaning service
• Free Wi/Fi on board
• Excursion Montenegro
INCLUDED CRUISE: Walking Tour Basic Package (5 tours):
• Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
• Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
• Walking tour of Split – including: guide
• Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
• Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
Our prices include the Walking Tour Package.
Hotel list for Tour portion:
• Astoria 4star or similar - Zagreb
• Park 4star or similar - Bled
• Jezero 3star - Plitvice
COACH TOUR NOT INCLUDED:
• Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
CRUISE NOT INCLUDED:
• Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals
• Beverages other than included (see above). Beverages can just be purchased in the ship’s bar only
• Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
• Taxes and fees, €40/45 per person, to be paid on board in cash
• Laundry service at selected ports of call
• Beach towel hire €3/week
• Entrance to National park Mljet approx. €15 p.p.
#Optional individual excursions (€20-25 each pp, pay locally in Croatia):
• Cetina River – including: guide, small boat transfer, snack
• Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
• Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
DAY 1 Wednesday Zagreb; (D)
Transfer on the day of the tour from Zagreb airport, or another hotel in Zagreb to the tour hotel, rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Zagreb. Late arrivals are possible as the first night is at the hotel.
DAY 2 Thursday Zagreb – Bled (B,D)
Morning sightseeing tour of Zagreb, Croatian capital city, gives you the opportunity to see the fortified Upper Town, the city’s historical center, St Mark’s church with its multi-colored roof, the Cathedral, Croatian National Theatre and the University. Through the carved facades of buildings and baroque churches, we see many green spaces and terraces of cafes where the locals like to gather. Early afternoon departure to Bled, small town in the Julian Alps which could be a setting for a classic fairy tale: immense natural beauty with mountains and forest surrounding an emerald glacial lake, an island in the middle of the lake with a church steeple and its wishing bell, a cliff top castle with picturesque views, and a well-known sweet treat. Bled, together with its surroundings, ranks among the most beautiful alpine resorts and is renowned also for its mild, healing climate and thermal lake water. Dinner and overnight in Bled.
DAY 3 Friday Bled – Ljubljana - Plitvice (B,D)
Morning departure to Ljubljana, Slovenian capital where you will have a guided tour of the most significant sights of its old center: the picturesque Central open-air Market and the Three Bridges, the Baroque Town Hall and Robba’s Fountain. After Ljubljana we are continuing our journey to Plitvice lakes, well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site, natural beauty of the 16 crystal - blue lakes cascading into 92 spectacular waterfalls. Walk on the wooden promenades with magnificent views on the waters where every turn leads to a breathtaking scenery and yet another waterfall. Surrounded by dense woods, Plitvice lakes are a natural phenomenon of rare and unique beauty. Dinner and overnight in Plitvice area.
DAY 4 Saturday Plitvice – Zadar – Split; (B,D)
Morning departure towards Zadar, where upon arrival we'll be taking you for a guided walking tour through the Roman Forum from the 2nd century BC, passing by the 9th century pre-Romanesque church of St. Donatus as well as St. Anastasia church. Departure to Split. This afternoon our guide will uncover for you the secrets of the UNESCO protected Diocletian’s Palace and its cellars. This Roman emperor spared no expense for the construction of a sumptuous residence, importing best quality marble, sphinx and columns. The original palace was modified by its new inhabitants during the Middle Ages, but making it even more beautiful and what it is today: the city's living heart. Its narrow streets hide passageways and courtyards, some deserted and eerie, others lively and animated by the music from bars and cafes, or by the everyday life of its residents. Embarkation to your 7 night Adriatic Paradise Cruise. Dinner and overnight Split.
DAY 5 Sunday SPLIT – HVAR (Island of HVAR) – VELA LUKA (Island of Korcula) (B,L)
After breakfast there is an optional Split walking tour with the local guide who will show you monumental Diocletian Palace which was built over 1700 years ago. During the centuries the Old Town has grown into the palace and around it, creating a unique urban landscape. Because of its historical and architectural importance, the whole Old Town is part of the UNESCO’s List of World Cultural Heritage. Late morning we will set sails towards Hvar, known as the sunniest island in Croatia, famous for its endless fields of lavender and rosemary, its beautiful coast and lovely historical towns. Your destination is the town of Hvar, a town of immense beauty that buzzes with vibrant energy in the summer sun. Upon arrival, our expert local guide will take you for a walk around the ancient streets of Hvar. After the guided walking tour of Hvar we will set sail to Korcula Island. Along the way we will stop for a swim near beautiful islands (Pakleniotoci), known by very warm sea. After the swimming break the Dalmatian fried fish will be served for a snack. Arrival in Vela Lula (Korcula Island) in the late afternoon. Overnight in Vela Luka (Korcula Island).
• Split walking tour – walking tour package
• Hvar town – walking tour package
DAY 6 Monday VELA LUKA (Island of KORCULA) – POMENA (Island of MLJET) - SLANO (B,L)
Monday morning after leaving the stunning beauty of Vela Luka your Captain will hand-pick a bay for you where he will drop the anchor. You can hop into your swimsuit and have a swim in the crystal-blue Adriatic, surrounded by pine trees and the sound of crickets. After the swim break you will continue sailing to Pomena on the island of Mljet. Island of Mljet on its western side houses National Park Mljet, known for its immense beauty and its two turquoise salty lakes surrounded by thick forest. Upon arrival you will have plenty of free time to explore the park individually, for example, by renting bikes and cycling or jogging on the numerous paths around the lakes or in the forests. If you feel like just relaxing you can hop onto the small boat that will take you to a tiny island on one of the lakes, where you can discover a monastery and a church of St. Mary’s built in the 12th century and enjoy a cup of coffee with the view and the quiet. In the late afternoon we will depart towards Slano. Overnight in Slano.
#Optional excursion: Mljet National Park, free time in the National park.
DAY 7 Tuesday SLANO – DUBROVNIK (B,L)
After breakfast you are free to take optional guided tour Taste of Dalmatia –you will visit Ston, a small town famous of its 5 km long city walls (the longest one in Europe) and visit local vinery where you will have opportunity to taste some finest Dalmatian wines. Later, we set sail to the Lopud island for a short swim and continue to Dubrovnik and cruise beneath Dubrovnik City Walls and then to port Gruž. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
• Dubrovnik town tour with a coach transfer from Dubrovnik port (Gruz) to the Old town – walking tour package
#Optional excursion: Taste of Dalmatia
DAY 8 Wednesday DUBROVNIK – EXCURSION TO MONTENEGRO (B)
Excursion to Montenegro after breakfast. Located less than an hour's drive from Dubrovnik, Montenegro offers an unforgettable experience; exceptional natural beauty in combination with a rich history and culture. Mild beaches, clear waters and gorgeous mountains that plunge into the sea will greet you upon your arrival to the Gulf of Kotor. Encircled in the mountains, the innermost bays of the Gulf, Risan and Kotor, are the earliest inhabited areas with evidences of civilization dating from Illyrian, Roman and early Christian periods. This is a land where the mountains descend almost directly into the sea creating a surreal atmosphere. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
DAY 9 Thursday DUBROVNIK – ELAPHITE ISLANDS - KORČULA (B,L)
Morning departure from Dubrovnik to Korčula. On the way to Korčula we will have a short stop for swimming and relaxing on one of the beautiful Elafiti Islands. Lunch will be served on board before the late afternoon arrival to Korcula, the alleged birthplace of the famous explorer Marco Polo. After arrival guide will take you for a walk around the town of Korcula. You will hear of its long history, ingenious building strategies, peculiar building layout and a legend of a great merchant traveler Marco Polo who was born and spent his childhood in the streets of Korcula. Overnight Korcula.
• Korcula town walking tour – walking tour package
DAY 10 Friday KORČULA – BRAČ - OMIŠ (B,L)
Sail towards Brač. Captain will anchor on the way for a refreshing swim in a secluded bay, after which you will continue your journey towards Pucisca. After docking at Pucisca, you can join a short visit to a stonemasonry school nearby where you will learn of the Brac limestone and their centuries-old tradition of stonemasonry and the unconventional tools they use before we continue our journey to Omiš ( a town known for two things: stunning beauty of river Cetina canyon that and its historic pirates). Upon arrival you are free to take an optional Cetina river trip.
Overnight in Omis.
• Stonemasonry School in Pucisca – walking tour package
#Optional excursion: Cetina River
DAY 11 Saturday OMIŠ – SPLIT (B)
Early morning departure from Omis towards Split.
Disembarkation after breakfast.
B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner
RESTRICTIONS: Captain reserves the right to change the route in case of bad weather conditions. Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board. In case of inappropriate behavior Captain reserves the right in requesting clients to disembark.
DISCLAIMER: Due to specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it. Cruise not recommended for clients in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
BEDS: Many cruise ships now have ‘flex-beds’, which can be moved together to form a Double/Queen size bed with 2 single mattresses on a combined base, leaving a small separation between the mattresses. Even a traditional double/queen bed mattress might have separate bedding on each side, such as 2 single duvets, rather than one large one. If this is an issue for you, please let us know before booking. Thank you.
- INCLUDED COACH TOUR:
- • Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
- • Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
- • Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
- • Arrival airport transfer
- • This might be a bilingual tour.
- SIGHTSEEING TOURS ON COACH TOUR:
- • Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice lakes, Split
- OTHER SERVICES
- • Entrances to Plitvice lakes, Split
- INCLUDED CRUISE:
- • 8 days / 7 nights cruise
- • Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
- • Departure transfer to Split airport or hotel
- • Welcome drink and snack
- • Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet, except on day 5 when dinner is included instead of lunch
- • Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
- • Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
- • Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
- • 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
- • Towels change every second day
- • Bed linen change once a week
- • Daily cabin cleaning service
- • Free Wi/Fi on board
- • Excursion Montenegro
- INCLUDED CRUISE: Walking Tour Basic Package (5 tours):
- • Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
- • Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Split – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
- • Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
- COACH TOUR NOT INCLUDED:
- • Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
- CRUISE NOT INCLUDED:
- • Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals
- • Beverages other than included (see above). Beverages can just be purchased in the ship’s bar only
- • Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
- • Taxes and fees, €40/45 per person, to be paid on board in cash
- • Laundry service at selected ports of call
- • Beach towel hire €3/week
- • Entrance to National park Mljet approx. €15 p.p.
- #Optional individual excursions (€20 each pp, pay locally in Croatia):
- • Cetina River – including: guide, small boat transfer, snack
- • Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
- • Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
Tour is not suitable for persons with restricted mobility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our specific FAQ pages here:
Before You Go - General Croatia Info (general info for all travellers)
Before Your Cruise - General Cruise Info (for all small ship Croatia cruises)
Before Your Island Hopping Tour - General Info (packages combining hotels, ferries and transfers)
Before Your Private Charter - General Yacht and Gulet Charter Info (private charters)
Click here to see how the booking process works: https://www.discovercroatia.com.au/booking-process-how-to-book/
How far in advance do I need to book?
Cruises: For our weekly small ship cruises with guaranteed departures we suggest you book as soon as your plans are in motion. All cruises are extremely popular especially during peak season, which is June, July, August, September and these dates can be booked out up to a year in advance, especially September. One-way cruises are particularly sought-after and tend to sell out first, so please speak to us first to ensure your cruise choice is available before booking any flight arrangements.
Escorted Tours: Escorted Group Tours with guaranteed departures are also best booked as early as possible to ensure your place on the tour, as spaces are limited to a set number of passengers. Once the tour is full that departure is closed for new bookings.
Island Hopping, Self-Drive, Self-Guided Cycling/Hiking and Independent or Private Tours: Independent tours are available most days of the week at any time of year, so if you're booking late these are a great option. They can also start or finish on any day of the week, so can be a great alternative to the cruises (that mostly depart only on Saturdays). You can check out our Island Hopper Tours and our active tours for some examples. If you can't find what you are looking for please make an enquiry on any of our tours and let us know what you need. We love creating custom tours with our clients.
What do the different ship categories mean?
Please see our Ship Descriptions page here, for all the information on Ship Categories, Deck and Cabin Descriptions.
What is half-board? What meals are included?
Half-board (HB): This means that 2 meals a day are usually provided, mostly it will be breakfast and lunch on cruises, and breakfast and dinner on escorted tours. Each cruise or tour will have meals listed on the daily itinerary, so that you will know exactly which meals are included. Some lunches or dinners are swapped occasionally, so that you may enjoy a wonderful gourmet experience with your fellow travellers, such as a Captain's Dinner on a cruise, or a wine-tasting and lunch on an escorted tour. For the remainder of your meals you will be able to dine anywhere you choose and you will be responsible for the cost of those meals. Your Cruise or Tour Director will be happy to recommend a good value and trusted eatery nearby at every location, or you can explore on your own.
Bed and Breakfast (BB): This means that only breakfast is included in your holiday. Most of our Independent Tours include breakfast only, so that you are not beholden to going back to your hotel for lunch or dinner as you are going to be exploring on your own. We think that flexibility with lunch and dinner gives you the best option for exploring Croatia and experiencing the local culture and cuisine.
Full-board (FB) is occasionally offered on cruises as an optional extra, but we do not recommend you take the full-board option unless you are really sure about it. A lot of the joy of the cruise and tour experiences is to dine in local restaurants, 'konobas' (traditional pubs) and bars, so that you can meet the people who live and work there. Why come all the way to Croatia only to eat on-board for every meal? There are so many fabulous (and even some famous!) eateries. Get out there and taste them!
What type of transport is used on the Island Hopper Tours? Local ferries and vehicle transfers
Local ferries: Local ferries are used between the mainland and the islands where possible. Most of these ferries are fast ferries (high speed catamarans). Our Island Hopper Tours include all ferry tickets, as well as delivery of the ferry tickets to your hotel, when we come to pick you up to take you to the ferry port. In some towns, where some hotels are in the pedestrian zone close to the ferry port (like Hvar), then you will be met at the ferry and directed to your hotel, with luggage assistance if required. If your hotel is outside the pedestrian zone you will be met at the ferry and taken to your transfer vehicle, with luggage assistance if required.
Transfers: Most Island Hoppers have private airport transfers included, and private transfers to/from the ferry ports on the islands. Some transfers will be shared transfers if there are others going to the exact same hotel at the same time and it is a short distance.
How fit do I need to be for my holiday?
Relaxation/cultural cruises and tours: On-board your cruise ship, you will need to be able to negotiate gangways and stairs and be able to step from ship to ship as the cruise ships are moored next to each other sideways and sometimes you need to step across to the next ship. You will be walking mostly on the cobblestone streets through the iconic cities and towns of the region. The excursions are best-suited to those who are capable of walking on uneven surfaces as many old cities and towns have limited totally flat surfaces that can accommodate wheelchairs or walking-frames. Please contact us to ask about your specific circumstances, as we are happy to help plan for your needs as best we can. Assistance will be provided on cruise ships to help you navigate getting on and off, but there are a few limitations. Please ask.
Cycling tours: Although almost completely flat this cycle tour is graded easy to moderate as the daily distance ranges between approximately 15-50 km. You will be biking mostly on the dedicated cycle paths alongside canals, rivers and through the iconic cities and towns of the region. This tour is well-suited to those who have never taken a cycling holiday before as it is flat and predominantly traffic-free and you also have the option of skipping the cycling and relaxing on board.
What happens if I can't attend an excursion?
It is possible to relax at your hotel, on the tour bus or on the boat at any time.
What happens if I can't cycle or hike a stage on an active holiday?
For cycling cruises: If you don't want to cycle it is possible to relax on the boat as it moves to the next port of call.
For cycling and hiking tours: If you don't want to (or can't due to illness or injury) cycle, hike or walk a stage, then we will make arrangements to have you transferred to the next stop on your itinerary so that you can continue with your holiday. Prices for transfers vary widely, so pricing will be provided on an 'as needed' basis only.
What equipment do I need?
Relaxation/excursion cruises and tours: You will need comfortable walking shoes, clothes for relaxing, your swimming costume, and a sunhat. Most cruises are fairly relaxed and casual clothing is fine for all meals, though you may want to take one nice outfit depending on where you wish to dine onshore.
Cycling cruises and tours: You will need comfortable sports shoes, comfortable clothes for cycling, waterproof jacket and trousers, a helmet and a sunhat. We supply a detailed packing list with your information pack.
If you have any questions, just give us a call or email:
Call us or WhatsApp: +61 2 9212 1507
Email us: [email protected]
UNAVAILABLE / SOLD OUT
Click on available dates (blue or red) for pricing
- DAY 1 Wednesday Zagreb; (D)
- DAY 2 Thursday Zagreb – Bled (B,D)
- DAY 3 Friday Bled – Ljubljana - Plitvice (B,D)
- DAY 4 Saturday Plitvice – Zadar – Split; (B,D)
- DAY 5 Sunday SPLIT – HVAR (Island of HVAR) – VELA LUKA (Island of Korcula) (B,L)
- DAY 6 Monday VELA LUKA (Island of KORCULA) – POMENA (Island of MLJET) - SLANO (B,L)
- DAY 7 Tuesday SLANO – DUBROVNIK (B,L)
- DAY 8 Wednesday DUBROVNIK – EXCURSION TO MONTENEGRO (B)
- DAY 9 Thursday DUBROVNIK – ELAPHITE ISLANDS - KORČULA (B,L)
- DAY 10 Friday KORČULA – BRAČ - OMIŠ (B,L)
- DAY 11 Saturday OMIŠ – SPLIT (B)