Cruise/Tour Combo; Zagreb-Split Tour & Cruise Omis-Dubrovnik on MS Agape Rose 10nts
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Zagreb, Bled, Plitvice, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, April - October
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Zagreb, Bled, Plitvice, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, April - October
- Historic City of Trogir (1997)
- Historical Complex of Split with the Palace of Diocletian (1979)
- Old City of Dubrovnik (1979)
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (1979)
- Natural and Culturo-Historical Region of Kotor (1979)
- Zagreb (Croatia Capital)
- Ljubljana (Slovenia Capital)
- Lake Bled
- Mljet Island National Park
- Hvar Island
- Korčula Island
- Brač Island
11 days from Zagreb, Lake Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Omis, Split, Sibenik, Vis, Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Mljet, Slano, Dubrovnik
Combine the best of Slovenia and Croatia in this fantastic tour and cruise combo! From Zagreb in the north, make your way to Slovenia and then to the magnificent Plitvice Lakes. Head towards the coast and join your 7 night luxury Dalmatian coast cruise on our deluxe superior small cruise ship. Finish in fabulous Dubrovnik, the 'Pearl of the Adriatic'.
Deluxe Superior Ship: MS Agape Rose
11 days from Zagreb, Lake Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Omis, Split, Sibenik, Vis, Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Mljet, Slano, and to Dubrovnik
Open age tour and cruise combo, though usually clients are more couples, mature solo travellers or small groups ranging from 35-75yrs. No children allowed under 15yrs. Double/twin cabins on Main and Lower Deck on DLX ships. Most triple cabins are a queen bed and single bed and most are on the Lower Deck. Solo travellers must book a double/twin for solo use with a solo use supplement.
SHIP INFO AND PHOTOS (Alternating weeks):
CRUISE FAQ: https://discovercroatia.com.au/before-your-cruise/
Similar combo finishing in Split: https://discovercroatia.com.au/details/11511/16/cruise-tour-slovenia-croatia-combo-on-ms-yolo/
Also available as just the cruise: https://discovercroatia.com.au/details/11511/23/deluxe-cruise-omis-dubrovnik-on-ms-agape-rose-7nts/
Add on a 7 night tour Dubrovnik to Zagreb via Bosnia & Serbia to finish: https://discovercroatia.com.au/details/11511/147/journey-into-the-balkans-escorted-tour-7nts/
INCLUDED WITH COACH TOUR:
• Arrival transfer in Zagreb on the tour start day
• Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
• Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
• Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
• Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Split
• Entrances in Plitvice Lakes, Split
INCLUDED WITH CRUISE:
• 8 days / 7 nights cruise
• Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
• Welcome drink and snack
• Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet
• Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
• Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
• Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
• 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
• Towels change every second day
• Bed linen change once a week
• Daily cabin cleaning service
• Free Wi/Fi on board
• Departure transfer in Dubrovnik on the finish day of the cruise (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate)
INCLUDED WITH CRUISE: Walking Tour Package of 6 tours:
• Walking tour of Šibenik – including: guide
• Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
• Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
• Walking tour of Split – including: guide
• Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
• Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
Our prices include the basic Walking Tour Package.
Hotel list for Tour portion:
• Astoria 4star or similar - Zagreb
• Park 4star or similar - Bled
• Jezero 3star - Plitvice
NOT INCLUDED COACH TOUR:
• Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
NOT INCLUDED CRUISE:
• Port Taxes and fees, €45 per person, to be paid on board in cash (obligatory)
• Beverages from the ships bar
• Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
• Laundry service at selected ports of call
• Beach towel hire €3/week
• Entrance to National park Mljet or Krka approx. €15 p.p.
# Optional individual excursions (€20-€25 each tour per person, pay locally in Croatia):
• Krka river National Park– including: guide, entrance fee
• Cetina river – including: guide, small boat transfer, snack
• Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
• Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
• Island of Vis – including: guide, transfer, tasting
DAY 1 Wednesday ZAGREB; (D)
Transfer on the day of the tour from Zagreb airport, or another hotel in Zagreb to the tour hotel, rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Zagreb.
DAY 2 Thursday ZAGREB – BLED; (B,D)
Morning sightseeing tour of Zagreb, Croatian capital city, gives you the opportunity to see the fortified Upper Town, the city’s historical center, St Mark’s church with its multi-colored roof, the Cathedral, Croatian National Theatre and the University. Through the carved facades of buildings and baroque churches, we see many green spaces and terraces of cafes where the locals like to gather. Early afternoon departure to Bled, small town in the Julian Alps which could be a setting for a classic fairy tale: immense natural beauty with mountains and forest surrounding an emerald glacial lake, an island in the middle of the lake with a church steeple and its wishing bell, a cliff top castle with picturesque views, and a well-known sweet treat. Bled, together with its surroundings, ranks among the most beautiful alpine resorts and is renowned also for its mild, healing climate and thermal lake water. Dinner and overnight in Bled.
DAY 3 Friday BLED – LJUBLJANA - PLITVICE; (B,D)
Morning departure to Ljubljana, Slovenian capital where you will have a guided tour of the most significant sights of its old center: the picturesque Central open-air Market and the Three Bridges, the Baroque Town Hall and Robba’s Fountain. After Ljubljana we are continuing our journey to Plitvice lakes, well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site, natural beauty of the 16 crystal - blue lakes cascading into 92 spectacular waterfalls. Walk on the wooden promenades with magnificent views on the waters where every turn leads to a breathtaking scenery and yet another waterfall. Surrounded by dense woods, Plitvice lakes are a natural phenomenon of rare and unique beauty. Dinner and overnight in Plitvice area.
DAY 4 Saturday PLITVICE – ZADAR – OMIS; (B,D)
Morning departure towards Zadar, where upon arrival we'll be taking you for a guided walking tour through the Roman Forum from the 2nd century BC, passing by the 9th century pre-Romanesque church of St. Donatus as well as St. Anastasia church. Departure to Omis. Embark onto your Deluxe cruise ship and settle into your cabin. Dinner on board and overnight Omiš.
DAY 5 Sunday OMIS – PUCISCA – SPLIT; (B,L)
Morning after breakfast you can join optional boat excursion up the canyon of the river Cetina before setting sails towards Pučišća on the island of Brač. After docking at Pucisca, your cruise manager will take you for a short visit to a stonemasonry school nearby where you will learn of the Brac limestone and their centuries-old tradition of stonemasonry and the unconventional tools they use. In the afternoon you will continue sailing to Split, your port of call for the day. Upon arrival you are free to enjoy the Old Town and introduce yourself with the monumental Diocletian Palace built over 1700 years ago or you can join on guided walking tour. Because of its historical and architectural importance, the whole Old Town is part of the UNESCO’s List of World Cultural Heritage. Later you can just join the locals enjoying a cup of coffee on their much beloved seaside promenade. Overnight in Split.
• Split Walking tour – Walking tour package
• Stonemasonry School in Pucisca – Walking tour package
# Optional excursion: Cetina river
DAY 6 Monday SPLIT – SIBENIK - KRKA – excursion Skradin and Trogir; (B,D)
After breakfast you will join our excursion to Trogir and Skradin. Leaving Split first stop will be Trogir, small Dalmatian town listed on UNESCO’s List of World Cultural Heritage, situated on an island and squeezed in between the mainland and the larger island of Ciovo. Except for the green parks the entire island is occupied by spectacular constructions of stone-houses, palaces, churches, monasteries, towers, walls etc. You will have free time to pay a visit to the main attraction in Trogir – the Cathedral of St. Lawrence which is probably the finest example of sacral architecture in Croatia. Continuing by coach through the karst of Sibenik hinterland we will stop in Skradin. Skradin is situated on the upper end of Krka estuary at the entrance to National Park, you will have free time for exploration (you will have a couple of hours at Krka if you choose). Final destination of the day will be Sibenik, where you can take optional walking tour. Stroll with your guide through the narrow and steep streets; pass by the most important monument, the Gothic-Renaissance Cathedral of St. James located in the main town square. By its beauty, construction particularities and style characteristics, it represents not only the major and the most valuable monument of the town’s architectural heritage, but it is also a unique monument of the European sacral architecture, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2001. Dinner and overnight Sibenik.
• Sibenik Walking tour – Walking tour package
DAY 7 Tuesday SIBENIK – VIS; (B,L)
After breakfast departure to Vis. Stop will be made for swimming and relaxing (weather dependable). Afternoon arrival to Vis – island famous for sandy beaches and beautiful bays. Vis is untouched by the modern development and tourism for many years so one can experience the tradition and the way of life of the Mediterranean as it once was. Dinner is taken on board for full board option. Overnight in Vis.
# Optional excursion: Island of Vis
DAY 8 Wednesday VIS – HVAR – KORCULA (Captains Dinner); (B,CD)
Breakfast on board and early departure to Hvar - famous for its endless fields of lavender and rosemary, its beautiful coast and lovely historical towns. Your destination is the town of Hvar, a town of immense beauty that buzzes with vibrant energy in the summer sun. Upon arrival, our expert local guide will take you for a walk around the ancient streets of Hvar. After the guided walking tour of Hvar we will set sail to Korcula Island. Arrival to Korčula in the afternoon is followed by optional walking tour. Dinner and overnight in Korcula.
• Hvar Walking tour – Walking tour package
• Korčula Walking tour – Walking tour package
DAY 9 Thursday KORČULA – MLJET – SLANO; (B,L)
Breakfast on board and departure to Pomena (Mljet island). Island of Mljet on its western side houses the National Park Mljet, known for its immense beauty and its two turquoise salty lakes surrounded by thick forest. Upon arrival you will have plenty of free time to explore the park individually, for example, by renting bikes and cycling or jogging on the numerous paths around the lakes or in the forests or take our optional trip to the Lakes. Lunch and swimming break are followed by early afternoon departure to Slano. After arrival you are free to take optional guided tour Taste of Dalmatia – you will visit Ston a small town famous of its 5 km long city walls (the longest one in Europe) and visit local vinery where you will have opportunity to taste some finest Dalmatian wines. Overnight in Slano.
# Optional excursion: Mljet National Park
# Optional excursion: Taste of Dalmatia
DAY 10 Friday SLANO – DUBROVNIK; (B,L)
After breakfast we set sail to Dubrovnik and cruise beneath The City Walls. Upon arrival to Dubrovnik, for those who purchased Walking Tour package transfer is organized to the Old Town, Pile gate where you will be joining a guided tour of Dubrovnik. Our local expert will show you around this fascinating world-known landmark, an ancient town protected by 13th century fortifications. Dubrovnik was for centuries a standalone Republic and the only power able to compete with the Venetians. After the tour you will have free time to explore Dubrovnik on your own. You can take the cable-car to the top of the hill overlooking Dubrovnik for wonderful photo opportunities, make the tour of the walls or just enjoy a scoop of ice cream as you stroll through its narrow streets paved with ancient stones. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
• Dubrovnik town tour – Walking tour package (with a coach transfer from Dubrovnik port of Gruz - where your ship is located - to the Old town)
DAY 11 Saturday DUBROVNIK GRUZ HARBOUR: DEPARTURE; (B)
Disembarkation after breakfast. You must vacate your cabin by 09.00hrs, but you can leave your bags onboard if you are departing later. Departure transfer included (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate for old town)
B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner, CD-Captain’s Dinner
RESTRICTIONS: Captain reserves the right to change the route in case of bad weather conditions. Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board. In case of inappropriate behavior Captain reserves the right in requesting clients to disembark.
DISCLAIMER: Due to specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it. Cruise not recommended for clients in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
BEDS: Many cruise ships now have ‘flex-beds’, which can be moved together to form a Double/Queen size bed with 2 single mattresses on a combined base, leaving a small separation between the mattresses. Even a traditional double/queen bed mattress might have separate bedding on each side, such as 2 single duvets, rather than one large one. If this is an issue for you, please let us know before booking. Thank you.
- COACH TOUR INCLUDED:
- • Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
- • Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
- • Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
- • Arrival transfer in Zagreb
- • Departure transfer to Cruise
- SIGHTSEEING TOURS:
- • Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Split
- OTHER SERVICES:
- • Entrances in Plitvice Lakes, Split
- CRUISE INCLUDED:
- • 8 days / 7 nights cruise
- • Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
- • Welcome drink and snack
- • Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet
- • Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
- • Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
- • Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
- • 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
- • Towels change every second day
- • Bed linen change once a week
- • Daily cabin cleaning service
- • Free Wi/Fi on board
- • Departure transfer in Dubrovnik on the finish day of the cruise (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate)
- INCLUDED: Walking Tour Package of 6 tours:
- • Walking tour of Šibenik – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
- • Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Split – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
- • Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
- COACH TOUR NOT INCLUDED:
- • Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
- CRUISE NOT INCLUDED:
- • Beverages from the ships bar
- • Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
- • Taxes and fees, € 45 per person, to be paid on board in cash
- • Laundry service at selected ports of call
- • Beach towel hire € 3/week
- • Entrance to National park Mljet approx. €14-17 p.p.
- #Optional individual excursions (20-25 euros each tour per person, pay locally in Croatia):
- • Krka river National Park– including: guide, entrance fee
- • Cetina river – including: guide, small boat transfer, snack
- • Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
- • Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
- • Island of Vis – including: guide, transfer, tasting
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our specific FAQ pages here:
Before You Go - General Croatia Info (general info for all travellers)
Before Your Cruise - General Cruise Info (for all small ship Croatia cruises)
Before Your Island Hopping Tour - General Info (packages combining hotels, ferries and transfers)
Before Your Private Charter - General Yacht and Gulet Charter Info (private charters)
Click here to see how the booking process works: https://www.discovercroatia.com.au/booking-process-how-to-book/
How far in advance do I need to book?
Cruises: For our weekly small ship cruises with guaranteed departures we suggest you book as soon as your plans are in motion. All cruises are extremely popular especially during peak season, which is June, July, August, September and these dates can be booked out up to a year in advance, especially September. One-way cruises are particularly sought-after and tend to sell out first, so please speak to us first to ensure your cruise choice is available before booking any flight arrangements.
Escorted Tours: Escorted Group Tours with guaranteed departures are also best booked as early as possible to ensure your place on the tour, as spaces are limited to a set number of passengers. Once the tour is full that departure is closed for new bookings.
Island Hopping, Self-Drive, Self-Guided Cycling/Hiking and Independent or Private Tours: Independent tours are available most days of the week at any time of year, so if you're booking late these are a great option. They can also start or finish on any day of the week, so can be a great alternative to the cruises (that mostly depart only on Saturdays). You can check out our Island Hopper Tours and our active tours for some examples. If you can't find what you are looking for please make an enquiry on any of our tours and let us know what you need. We love creating custom tours with our clients.
What do the different ship categories mean?
Please see our Ship Descriptions page here, for all the information on Ship Categories, Deck and Cabin Descriptions.
What is half-board? What meals are included?
Half-board (HB): This means that 2 meals a day are usually provided, mostly it will be breakfast and lunch on cruises, and breakfast and dinner on escorted tours. Each cruise or tour will have meals listed on the daily itinerary, so that you will know exactly which meals are included. Some lunches or dinners are swapped occasionally, so that you may enjoy a wonderful gourmet experience with your fellow travellers, such as a Captain's Dinner on a cruise, or a wine-tasting and lunch on an escorted tour. For the remainder of your meals you will be able to dine anywhere you choose and you will be responsible for the cost of those meals. Your Cruise or Tour Director will be happy to recommend a good value and trusted eatery nearby at every location, or you can explore on your own.
Bed and Breakfast (BB): This means that only breakfast is included in your holiday. Most of our Independent Tours include breakfast only, so that you are not beholden to going back to your hotel for lunch or dinner as you are going to be exploring on your own. We think that flexibility with lunch and dinner gives you the best option for exploring Croatia and experiencing the local culture and cuisine.
Full-board (FB) is occasionally offered on cruises as an optional extra, but we do not recommend you take the full-board option unless you are really sure about it. A lot of the joy of the cruise and tour experiences is to dine in local restaurants, 'konobas' (traditional pubs) and bars, so that you can meet the people who live and work there. Why come all the way to Croatia only to eat on-board for every meal? There are so many fabulous (and even some famous!) eateries. Get out there and taste them!
What type of transport is used on the Island Hopper Tours? Local ferries and vehicle transfers
Local ferries: Local ferries are used between the mainland and the islands where possible. Most of these ferries are fast ferries (high speed catamarans). Our Island Hopper Tours include all ferry tickets, as well as delivery of the ferry tickets to your hotel, when we come to pick you up to take you to the ferry port. In some towns, where some hotels are in the pedestrian zone close to the ferry port (like Hvar), then you will be met at the ferry and directed to your hotel, with luggage assistance if required. If your hotel is outside the pedestrian zone you will be met at the ferry and taken to your transfer vehicle, with luggage assistance if required.
Transfers: Most Island Hoppers have private airport transfers included, and private transfers to/from the ferry ports on the islands. Some transfers will be shared transfers if there are others going to the exact same hotel at the same time and it is a short distance.
How fit do I need to be for my holiday?
Relaxation/cultural cruises and tours: On-board your cruise ship, you will need to be able to negotiate gangways and stairs and be able to step from ship to ship as the cruise ships are moored next to each other sideways and sometimes you need to step across to the next ship. You will be walking mostly on the cobblestone streets through the iconic cities and towns of the region. The excursions are best-suited to those who are capable of walking on uneven surfaces as many old cities and towns have limited totally flat surfaces that can accommodate wheelchairs or walking-frames. Please contact us to ask about your specific circumstances, as we are happy to help plan for your needs as best we can. Assistance will be provided on cruise ships to help you navigate getting on and off, but there are a few limitations. Please ask.
Cycling tours: Although almost completely flat this cycle tour is graded easy to moderate as the daily distance ranges between approximately 15-50 km. You will be biking mostly on the dedicated cycle paths alongside canals, rivers and through the iconic cities and towns of the region. This tour is well-suited to those who have never taken a cycling holiday before as it is flat and predominantly traffic-free and you also have the option of skipping the cycling and relaxing on board.
What happens if I can't attend an excursion?
It is possible to relax at your hotel, on the tour bus or on the boat at any time.
What happens if I can't cycle or hike a stage on an active holiday?
For cycling cruises: If you don't want to cycle it is possible to relax on the boat as it moves to the next port of call.
For cycling and hiking tours: If you don't want to (or can't due to illness or injury) cycle, hike or walk a stage, then we will make arrangements to have you transferred to the next stop on your itinerary so that you can continue with your holiday. Prices for transfers vary widely, so pricing will be provided on an 'as needed' basis only.
What equipment do I need?
Relaxation/excursion cruises and tours: You will need comfortable walking shoes, clothes for relaxing, your swimming costume, and a sunhat. Most cruises are fairly relaxed and casual clothing is fine for all meals, though you may want to take one nice outfit depending on where you wish to dine onshore.
Cycling cruises and tours: You will need comfortable sports shoes, comfortable clothes for cycling, waterproof jacket and trousers, a helmet and a sunhat. We supply a detailed packing list with your information pack.
If you have any questions, just give us a call or email:
Call us or WhatsApp: +61 2 9212 1507
Email us: [email protected]
UNAVAILABLE / SOLD OUT
Click on available dates (blue or red) for pricing
- DAY 1 Wednesday ZAGREB; (D)
- DAY 2 Thursday ZAGREB – BLED; (B,D)
- DAY 3 Friday BLED – LJUBLJANA - PLITVICE; (B,D)
- DAY 4 Saturday PLITVICE – ZADAR – OMIS; (B,D)
- DAY 5 Sunday OMIS – PUCISCA – SPLIT; (B,L)
- DAY 6 Monday SPLIT – SIBENIK - KRKA – excursion Skradin and Trogir; (B,D)
- DAY 7 Tuesday SIBENIK – VIS; (B,L)
- DAY 8 Wednesday VIS – HVAR – KORCULA (Captains Dinner); (B,CD)
- DAY 9 Thursday KORČULA – MLJET – SLANO; (B,L)
- DAY 10 Friday SLANO – DUBROVNIK; (B,L)
- DAY 11 Saturday DUBROVNIK GRUZ HARBOUR: DEPARTURE; (B)