Cruise/Tour Combo; Zagreb-Split Tour & Cruise Split-Dubrovnik on MS Liberty or Providenca 10nts
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Zagreb, Bled, Plitvice, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, June - September
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Zagreb
- Location: Zagreb, Bled, Plitvice, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik
- Duration: 11 days
- Availability: WEDNESDAYS, June - September
- Historic City of Trogir (1997)
- Historical Complex of Split with the Palace of Diocletian (1979)
- Old City of Dubrovnik (1979)
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (1979)
- Natural and Culturo-Historical Region of Kotor (1979)
- Zagreb (Croatia Capital)
- Ljubljana (Slovenia Capital)
- Lake Bled
- Mljet Island National Park
- Hvar Island
- Korčula Island
- Brač Island
11 days from Zagreb, Lake Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Split, Sibenik, Vis, Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Mljet, Slano, Dubrovnik
Combine the best of Slovenia and Croatia in this fantastic tour and cruise combo! From Zagreb in the north, make your way to Slovenia and then to the magnificent Plitvice Lakes. Head towards the coast and join your 7 night luxury Dalmatian coast cruise on our Deluxe small cruise ship. Finish in fabulous Dubrovnik, the 'Pearl of the Adriatic'.
Deluxe Ship: MS Liberty
Deluxe Ship: MS Providenca
11 days from Zagreb, Lake Bled, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Split, Sibenik, Vis, Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Mljet, Slano, and to Dubrovnik
Open age tour and cruise combo, though usually clients are more couples, mature solo travellers or small groups ranging from 35-75yrs. No children allowed under 15yrs. Double/twin cabins on Main and Lower Deck on DLX ships. Most triple cabins are a queen bed and single bed and most are on the Lower Deck. Solo travellers must book a double/twin for solo use with a solo use supplement.
Deluxe Ship: MS Liberty or MS Providenca (alternating weeks)
SHIP INFO AND PHOTOS:
CRUISE FAQ: https://discovercroatia.com.au/before-your-cruise/
INCLUDED WITH COACH TOUR:
• Arrival transfer in Zagreb on the tour start day
• Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
• Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
• Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
• Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Split
• Entrances in Plitvice Lakes, Split
INCLUDED WITH CRUISE:
• 8 days / 7 nights cruise
• Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
• Welcome drink and snack
• Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet
• Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
• Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
• Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
• 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
• Towels change every second day
• Bed linen change once a week
• Daily cabin cleaning service
• Free Wi/Fi on board
• Departure transfer in Dubrovnik on the finish day of the cruise (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate)
INCLUDED WITH CRUISE: Walking Tour Package of 5 tours:
• Walking tour of Šibenik – including: guide
• Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
• Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
• Walking tour of Split – including: guide
• Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
Our prices include the basic Walking Tour Package.
Hotel list for Tour portion:
• Astoria 4star or similar - Zagreb
• Park 4star or similar - Bled
• Jezero 3star - Plitvice
NOT INCLUDED COACH TOUR:
• Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
NOT INCLUDED CRUISE:
• Port Taxes and fees, €45 per person, to be paid on board in cash (obligatory)
• Beverages from the ships bar
• Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
• Laundry service at selected ports of call
• Beach towel hire €3/week
• Entrance to National park Mljet or Krka approx. €15 p.p.
# Optional individual excursions (€20-€25 each tour per person, pay locally in Croatia):
• Krka river National Park– including: guide, entrance fee
• Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
• Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
• Island of Vis – including: guide, transfer, tasting
DAY 1 Wednesday ZAGREB; (D)
Transfer on the day of the tour from Zagreb airport, or another hotel in Zagreb to the tour hotel, rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Zagreb.
DAY 2 Thursday ZAGREB – BLED; (B,D)
Morning sightseeing tour of Zagreb, Croatian capital city, gives you the opportunity to see the fortified Upper Town, the city’s historical center, St Mark’s church with its multi-colored roof, the Cathedral, Croatian National Theatre and the University. Through the carved facades of buildings and baroque churches, we see many green spaces and terraces of cafes where the locals like to gather. Early afternoon departure to Bled, small town in the Julian Alps which could be a setting for a classic fairy tale: immense natural beauty with mountains and forest surrounding an emerald glacial lake, an island in the middle of the lake with a church steeple and its wishing bell, a cliff top castle with picturesque views, and a well-known sweet treat. Bled, together with its surroundings, ranks among the most beautiful alpine resorts and is renowned also for its mild, healing climate and thermal lake water. Dinner and overnight in Bled.
DAY 3 Friday BLED – LJUBLJANA - PLITVICE; (B,D)
Morning departure to Ljubljana, Slovenian capital where you will have a guided tour of the most significant sights of its old center: the picturesque Central open-air Market and the Three Bridges, the Baroque Town Hall and Robba’s Fountain. After Ljubljana we are continuing our journey to Plitvice lakes, well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site, natural beauty of the 16 crystal - blue lakes cascading into 92 spectacular waterfalls. Walk on the wooden promenades with magnificent views on the waters where every turn leads to a breathtaking scenery and yet another waterfall. Surrounded by dense woods, Plitvice lakes are a natural phenomenon of rare and unique beauty. Dinner and overnight in Plitvice area.
DAY 4 Saturday PLITVICE – ZADAR – Split; (B,D)
Morning departure towards Zadar, where upon arrival we'll be taking you for a guided walking tour through the Roman Forum from the 2nd century BC, passing by the 9th century pre-Romanesque church of St. Donatus as well as St. Anastasia church. Embark onto your Deluxe cruise ship and settle into your cabin. Dinner on board and overnight Split.
DAY 5 Sunday SPLIT – SIBENIK – excursion Trogir and Skradin; (B,D)
When sailing along the Croatian coast, surpassing the beauty around you may seem like an impossible task. Perhaps so, but there are sites on the Croatian mainland which surely parallel it, such as the Krka River and its stunning estuary. A coach trip brings you to the small town of Skradin, the guardian of the mouth of River Krka, and the gateway to its National park. The place where wild waterfalls inspire serene lakes, the park is definitely worth a visit. After returning to the seaside, visit Trogir, a petite island bridged to the mainland. A showcase of stunning architecture founded upon Greek and Roman heritage, Trogir is protected by UNESCO, just like the Cathedral of St. James at your next stop, Šibenik. Rolling down the hillslopes towered by the immense fortress of St. Michael, Šibenik is a sight to behold from every perspective. An optional walking tour will introduce you to Šibenik’s great claim to Renaissance – both the one centuries ago, when the town’s Cathedral of St. James, and the present day, when the town known as one of Croatia’s upcoming gems. Experience its stone alleys and great cuisine in an evening on own. Overnight in Šibenik.
• Sibenik Walking tour – Walking tour package
DAY 6 Monday SIBENIK – VIS; (B,L)
Enjoy the stunning waterfront of Šibenik as you navigate down the narrow channel of St. Anthony out to the open seas. Today you will sail to the island of Vis. You’ll recognize its main settlement, the town of Vis, by numerous masts crisscrossed over the image of its seafront facades. Comprised of the newer, 19th-century harbor area, and the historic, medieval corner, the past of Vis spans over two millennia, hence the colorful array of heritage in this small settlement ranges from a Greek cemetery and Roman baths to an English fort and Yugoslav militia tributes. Join an optional guided tour to get insight into the tumultuous history of Vis and getting some ideas on what to do that evening. Overnight in Vis.
# Optional excursion: Island of Vis
DAY 7 Tuesday VIS – HVAR – PUČIŠĆA; (B,D)
Enjoy a breakfast with a view and a morning sail to Hvar, officially the sunniest of 1200 Croatian islands. This jet-set fave is also the island with the most UNESCO-listed heritage in the entire world, so consider joining our optional guided tour. Later, you will be able to compare this beauty with the lovely island of Brač, the homeland of ‘the Croatian marble’. You’ve probably seen this ultra-quality limestone already, perhaps on the front of the White House in Washington DC or Bundestag in Berlin, but the optional tour to the still-operating stonemasonry school in Pučišća brings a chance to learn more about shaping this stone for eternity. In the afternoon you can join us on our optional excursion to Bol. Overnight Pučišća.
• Hvar Walking Tour – Walking tour package
• Stonemasonry School in Pucisca – Walking tour package
# Optional excursion: Bol and Wine Tasting
DAY 8 Wednesday PUCISCA – KORCULA; (B,L)
This morning, hop over to Korčula Island, one of the largest islands in the Adriatic, known for its signature lush dark forests. You’ll know Korčula was a Venetian stronghold as soon as you lay your eyes on the many lion statues which lurk at you from the town’s facades and gates, intertwined with some of the most outstanding stonework you will get see anywhere on the Adriatic coast. The alleged home of the world renowned traveler Marco Polo is bound to charm you whether you explore it on your own or in an optional walking tour. Overnight in Korcula.
• Korčula Walking tour – Walking tour package
DAY 9 Thursday KORČULA – MLJET – SLANO; (Captain's Dinner) (B,CD)
Breakfast on board and departure to Pomena (Mljet island). Island of Mljet on its western side houses the National Park Mljet, known for its immense beauty and its two turquoise salty lakes surrounded by thick forest. Upon arrival you will have plenty of free time to explore the park individually, for example, by renting bikes and cycling or jogging on the numerous paths around the lakes or in the forests or take our optional trip to the Lakes. Lunch and swimming break are followed by early afternoon departure to Slano. After arrival you are free to take optional guided tour Taste of Dalmatia – you will visit Ston a small town famous of its 5 km long city walls (the longest one in Europe) and visit local vinery where you will have opportunity to taste some finest Dalmatian wines. Overnight in Slano. Tonight enjoy the Captain's Dinner onboard.
# Optional excursion: Mljet National Park
# Optional excursion: Taste of Dalmatia
DAY 10 Friday SLANO – DUBROVNIK; (B,L)
After breakfast we set sail to Dubrovnik and cruise beneath The City Walls. Upon arrival to Dubrovnik, for those who purchased Walking Tour package transfer is organized to the Old Town, Pile gate where you will be joining a guided tour of Dubrovnik. Our local expert will show you around this fascinating world-known landmark, an ancient town protected by 13th century fortifications. Dubrovnik was for centuries a standalone Republic and the only power able to compete with the Venetians. After the tour you will have free time to explore Dubrovnik on your own. You can take the cable-car to the top of the hill overlooking Dubrovnik for wonderful photo opportunities, make the tour of the walls or just enjoy a scoop of ice cream as you stroll through its narrow streets paved with ancient stones. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
• Dubrovnik town tour – Walking tour package (with a coach transfer from Dubrovnik port of Gruz - where your ship is located - to the Old town)
DAY 11 Saturday DUBROVNIK GRUZ HARBOUR: DEPARTURE; (B)
Disembarkation after breakfast. You must vacate your cabin by 09.00hrs, but you can leave your bags onboard if you are departing later. Departure transfer included (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate for old town)
B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner, CD-Captain’s Dinner
RESTRICTIONS: Captain reserves the right to change the route in case of bad weather conditions. Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board. In case of inappropriate behavior Captain reserves the right in requesting clients to disembark.
DISCLAIMER: Due to specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it. Cruise not recommended for clients in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
BEDS: Many cruise ships now have ‘flex-beds’, which can be moved together to form a Double/Queen size bed with 2 single mattresses on a combined base, leaving a small separation between the mattresses. Even a traditional double/queen bed mattress might have separate bedding on each side, such as 2 single duvets, rather than one large one. If this is an issue for you, please let us know before booking. Thank you.
- COACH TOUR INCLUDED:
- • Air-conditioned vehicle with driver at group's disposal as per itinerary.
- • Experienced tour leader throughout the trip as per itinerary.
- • Hotel accommodation on half board basis (breakfast & dinner) as per itinerary
- • Arrival transfer in Zagreb
- • Departure transfer to Cruise
- SIGHTSEEING TOURS:
- • Zagreb, Zadar, Ljubljana, Plitvice Lakes, Split
- OTHER SERVICES:
- • Entrances in Plitvice Lakes, Split
- CRUISE INCLUDED:
- • 8 days / 7 nights cruise
- • Accommodation in a chosen category cabin
- • Welcome drink and snack
- • Half board: breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet
- • Complimentary ½ l water during meals (lunch and dinner)
- • Complimentary coffee/tea all day long
- • Complimentary fresh fruit all day long
- • 9 crew members including a Cruise Manager
- • Towels change every second day
- • Bed linen change once a week
- • Daily cabin cleaning service
- • Free Wi/Fi on board
- • Departure transfer in Dubrovnik on the finish day of the cruise (to airport, hotel or Pile Gate)
- INCLUDED: Walking Tour Package of 6 tours:
- • Walking tour of Šibenik – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Dubrovnik – including: guide, transfer
- • Walking tour of Korčula – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Split – including: guide
- • Walking tour of Hvar – including: guide
- • Pucisca Stonemasonry School – including: guide, entrance fee
- COACH TOUR NOT INCLUDED:
- • Gratuities, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals, meals except as listed
- CRUISE NOT INCLUDED:
- • Beverages from the ships bar
- • Gratuities or any other expense of personal nature
- • Taxes and fees, € 45 per person, to be paid on board in cash
- • Laundry service at selected ports of call
- • Beach towel hire € 3/week
- • Entrance to National park Mljet approx. €14-17 p.p.
- #Optional individual excursions (20-25 euros each tour per person, pay locally in Croatia):
- • Krka river National Park– including: guide, entrance fee
- • Mljet Island National Park – including: guide, entrance fee
- • Taste of Dalmatia – including: guide, transfer, wine tasting
- • Island of Vis – including: guide, transfer, tasting
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our specific FAQ pages here:
Before You Go - General Croatia Info (general info for all travellers)
Before Your Cruise - General Cruise Info (for all small ship Croatia cruises)
Before Your Island Hopping Tour - General Info (packages combining hotels, ferries and transfers)
Before Your Private Charter - General Yacht and Gulet Charter Info (private charters)
Click here to see how the booking process works: https://www.discovercroatia.com.au/booking-process-how-to-book/
How far in advance do I need to book?
Cruises: For our weekly small ship cruises with guaranteed departures we suggest you book as soon as your plans are in motion. All cruises are extremely popular especially during peak season, which is June, July, August, September and these dates can be booked out up to a year in advance, especially September. One-way cruises are particularly sought-after and tend to sell out first, so please speak to us first to ensure your cruise choice is available before booking any flight arrangements.
Escorted Tours: Escorted Group Tours with guaranteed departures are also best booked as early as possible to ensure your place on the tour, as spaces are limited to a set number of passengers. Once the tour is full that departure is closed for new bookings.
Island Hopping, Self-Drive, Self-Guided Cycling/Hiking and Independent or Private Tours: Independent tours are available most days of the week at any time of year, so if you're booking late these are a great option. They can also start or finish on any day of the week, so can be a great alternative to the cruises (that mostly depart only on Saturdays). You can check out our Island Hopper Tours and our active tours for some examples. If you can't find what you are looking for please make an enquiry on any of our tours and let us know what you need. We love creating custom tours with our clients.
What do the different ship categories mean?
Please see our Ship Descriptions page here, for all the information on Ship Categories, Deck and Cabin Descriptions.
What is half-board? What meals are included?
Half-board (HB): This means that 2 meals a day are usually provided, mostly it will be breakfast and lunch on cruises, and breakfast and dinner on escorted tours. Each cruise or tour will have meals listed on the daily itinerary, so that you will know exactly which meals are included. Some lunches or dinners are swapped occasionally, so that you may enjoy a wonderful gourmet experience with your fellow travellers, such as a Captain's Dinner on a cruise, or a wine-tasting and lunch on an escorted tour. For the remainder of your meals you will be able to dine anywhere you choose and you will be responsible for the cost of those meals. Your Cruise or Tour Director will be happy to recommend a good value and trusted eatery nearby at every location, or you can explore on your own.
Bed and Breakfast (BB): This means that only breakfast is included in your holiday. Most of our Independent Tours include breakfast only, so that you are not beholden to going back to your hotel for lunch or dinner as you are going to be exploring on your own. We think that flexibility with lunch and dinner gives you the best option for exploring Croatia and experiencing the local culture and cuisine.
Full-board (FB) is occasionally offered on cruises as an optional extra, but we do not recommend you take the full-board option unless you are really sure about it. A lot of the joy of the cruise and tour experiences is to dine in local restaurants, 'konobas' (traditional pubs) and bars, so that you can meet the people who live and work there. Why come all the way to Croatia only to eat on-board for every meal? There are so many fabulous (and even some famous!) eateries. Get out there and taste them!
What type of transport is used on the Island Hopper Tours? Local ferries and vehicle transfers
Local ferries: Local ferries are used between the mainland and the islands where possible. Most of these ferries are fast ferries (high speed catamarans). Our Island Hopper Tours include all ferry tickets, as well as delivery of the ferry tickets to your hotel, when we come to pick you up to take you to the ferry port. In some towns, where some hotels are in the pedestrian zone close to the ferry port (like Hvar), then you will be met at the ferry and directed to your hotel, with luggage assistance if required. If your hotel is outside the pedestrian zone you will be met at the ferry and taken to your transfer vehicle, with luggage assistance if required.
Transfers: Most Island Hoppers have private airport transfers included, and private transfers to/from the ferry ports on the islands. Some transfers will be shared transfers if there are others going to the exact same hotel at the same time and it is a short distance.
How fit do I need to be for my holiday?
Relaxation/cultural cruises and tours: On-board your cruise ship, you will need to be able to negotiate gangways and stairs and be able to step from ship to ship as the cruise ships are moored next to each other sideways and sometimes you need to step across to the next ship. You will be walking mostly on the cobblestone streets through the iconic cities and towns of the region. The excursions are best-suited to those who are capable of walking on uneven surfaces as many old cities and towns have limited totally flat surfaces that can accommodate wheelchairs or walking-frames. Please contact us to ask about your specific circumstances, as we are happy to help plan for your needs as best we can. Assistance will be provided on cruise ships to help you navigate getting on and off, but there are a few limitations. Please ask.
Cycling tours: Although almost completely flat this cycle tour is graded easy to moderate as the daily distance ranges between approximately 15-50 km. You will be biking mostly on the dedicated cycle paths alongside canals, rivers and through the iconic cities and towns of the region. This tour is well-suited to those who have never taken a cycling holiday before as it is flat and predominantly traffic-free and you also have the option of skipping the cycling and relaxing on board.
What happens if I can't attend an excursion?
It is possible to relax at your hotel, on the tour bus or on the boat at any time.
What happens if I can't cycle or hike a stage on an active holiday?
For cycling cruises: If you don't want to cycle it is possible to relax on the boat as it moves to the next port of call.
For cycling and hiking tours: If you don't want to (or can't due to illness or injury) cycle, hike or walk a stage, then we will make arrangements to have you transferred to the next stop on your itinerary so that you can continue with your holiday. Prices for transfers vary widely, so pricing will be provided on an 'as needed' basis only.
What equipment do I need?
Relaxation/excursion cruises and tours: You will need comfortable walking shoes, clothes for relaxing, your swimming costume, and a sunhat. Most cruises are fairly relaxed and casual clothing is fine for all meals, though you may want to take one nice outfit depending on where you wish to dine onshore.
Cycling cruises and tours: You will need comfortable sports shoes, comfortable clothes for cycling, waterproof jacket and trousers, a helmet and a sunhat. We supply a detailed packing list with your information pack.
If you have any questions, just give us a call or email:
Call us or WhatsApp: +61 2 9212 1507
Email us: [email protected]
UNAVAILABLE / SOLD OUT
Click on available dates (blue or red) for pricing
- DAY 1 Wednesday ZAGREB; (D)
- DAY 2 Thursday ZAGREB – BLED; (B,D)
- DAY 3 Friday BLED – LJUBLJANA - PLITVICE; (B,D)
- DAY 4 Saturday PLITVICE – ZADAR – Split; (B,D)
- DAY 5 Sunday SPLIT – SIBENIK – excursion Trogir and Skradin; (B,D)
- DAY 6 Monday SIBENIK – VIS; (B,L)
- DAY 7 Tuesday VIS – HVAR – PUČIŠĆA; (B,D)
- DAY 8 Wednesday PUCISCA – KORCULA; (B,L)
- DAY 9 Thursday KORČULA – MLJET – SLANO; (Captain's Dinner) (B,CD)
- DAY 10 Friday SLANO – DUBROVNIK; (B,L)
- DAY 11 Saturday DUBROVNIK GRUZ HARBOUR: DEPARTURE; (B)