Adriatic Jewels Deluxe Cruise Dbk on MS Splendid
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Dubrovnik
- Location: Dubrovnik, Korcula, Split, Hvar, Bol, Mljet
- Duration: 8 days
- Availability: SATURDAYS, May - October
Activity Level: 1
- Departs From: Dubrovnik
- Location: Dubrovnik, Korcula, Split, Hvar, Bol, Mljet
- Duration: 8 days
- Availability: SATURDAYS, May - October
- City tours of Hvar, Split, Korčula, and Dubrovnik
- Elegance Rooftop Jacuzzi (on Sun deck)
- The Island Hopping Cruise is an extra value cruise, with city tours included.
- The Itinerary is carefully prepared in order to give you right enough time to experience current history, enough time to undertake your own explorations of medieval towns.
- The intention of this cruise is to show the beauty of our islands and thousand year old cities and their rich history, to present our lifestyle and heritage that we want to offer to our children as a gift.
- *Half-board and standard excursions included
8 days from Dubrovnik, Elaphiti Islands, Korcula, Hvar Town, Bol (Brac), Split, Pucisca, Makarska, Mljet, and back to Dubrovnik
A delightful island hopping cruise that showcases the best of the Dalmatian Coast and the rich cultural history of the region. Extra value Island Hopping Deluxe cruise. Relax on board in the jacuzzi in the morning and enjoy local tours in the afternoons. Includes half board meals and sightseeing tours.
Deluxe Ship: MS Splendid (older style DLX)
Itinerary8 days from Dubrovnik, Elaphiti Islands, Korcula, Hvar Town, Bol (Brac), Split, Pucisca, (Brac) Makarska, Mljet, and back to Dubrovnik
Open age cruise. Double/twin cabins on Main and Lower Deck on DLX ships. Most triple cabins are a queen bed and single bed and most are on the Lower Deck. Solo travellers must book a double/twin for solo use with a solo use supplement.
DAY 1 • SATURDAY DUBROVNIK
M/S SPLENDID will be docked in Gruž harbour where you can board during the entire day. Welcome meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. where you will be introduced by our Cruise director to the Captain, crew and of course your future fellow passengers with whom you will spend a week on board. Welcome dinner will be served at 7:30 p.m. Although embarkation will be possible throughout the day; passengers arriving in the morning cannot enter their cabins before 1:00 p.m. but they can leave luggage on board. Captain will wait for all passengers arriving late at night and these guests will be provided with dinner.
Overnight in Dubrovnik - Gruz Harbour (D)
DAY 2 • SUNDAY DUBROVNIK- ELAPHITI ISLANDS- KORČULA
After breakfast we will start our pleasant cruise to the island of Korčula. On our way we will cruise by magnificent shores of the Elaphiti islands archipelago, to the northwest of Dubrovnik. We shall stop for a swim before lunch and in the afternoon we will arrive in Korčula town, on Korčula Island. Korčula is a city known as a birthplace of Marko Polo, the famous explorer. Our English speaking guide will do Korčula City tour, and walk us through narrow and cobbled streets of Korčula. The rest of the evening is free to enjoy dining at one of the local restaurants of your choice.
Overnight in Korčula, (B,L)
DAY 3 • MONDAY KORČULA - HVAR
Morning cruise to the Island of Hvar the sunniest island of Croatia – the island of Hvar, with a second swim stop in a one of the many coves and bays along the way. Hvar is one of the most popular, very attractive tourist destinations and a meeting point for the international jet set. Swim stop and lunch on board. Upon your evening arrival at Hvar, a local English speaking guide will walk you throughout the town introducing you to the history, culture and way of life on this island and explain how lavender was traditionally farmed on the Island of Hvar for centuries. Have an evening in Hvar is free to explore and dine around in one of numerous family owned restaurants.
Overnight in Hvar, (B,L)
DAY 4 • TUESDAY HVAR - BOL – SPLIT
After breakfast we continue sailing to Bol, said to have the best beach for swimming in Croatia named Zlatni Rat. (Golden cape). We will stop in Bol and enjoy this nice Dalmatian town for a walk, or to have a cup of coffee and take a swim till lunch is served on board. After a relaxed cruise from Bol to Split arrival in Split is expected during afternoon hours. Split is the second largest urban centre in Croatia and the seat of the Split and Dalmatia County. It is traditionally considered to be over 1,700 years old. Since 1979 the historic centre of Split has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site List. The historical and cultural buildings are located inside the walls of the Diocletian’s Palace. Our English speaking guide will do Split City tour, and walk us through historical Diocletian’s Palace.
Overnight in Split, (B,L)
DAY 5 • WEDNESDAY SPLIT – PUČIŠĆA ( BRAČ ISLAND) - MAKARSKA
Morning departure to Brač Island, short refreshing swim stop and continue our voyage towards Pucisca.
Pucisca is the island's biggest village of the island of Brač with authentic Mediterranean architecture and rustic ambiance inside a deep fiord; shiny and white stone facades rising amphitheatrically uphill make this place so unique and worth seeing, famous for its quarries from which stone was excavated to build limestone columns of the White House in Washington DC, The Parliament house in Vienna and many other famous buildings all over the world. In Pucisce is only one Stonemasonry school in Croatia where students carve Brač limestone with traditional and unconventional tools that are used here for centuries. Departure from Brač Island, lunch on board “en route” and afternoon arrival to Makarska on the mainland, “tourist Centre of Dalmatia” where we will spend the night.
Overnight in Makarska, (B,L)
DAY 6 • THURSDAY MAKARSKA- NATIONAL PARK MLJET
We start our day with morning departure towards the last island on our cruise - Mljet National Park, with a swim stop along a way. Lunch will be served on board while cruising to Mljet National Park. Upon arrival to the Mljet National Park, you will have free afternoon to explore park, to walk around the Great and Small Lake and Islet of St. Mary with its Benedictine Monastery from the 12th century. Evening at leisure.
Overnight in Mljet National Park, (B,L)
DAY 7 • FRIDAY KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
After breakfast we depart for a pleasant cruise along the shores of Mljet and the Elaphiti islands where we will have a swim stop and lunch; Arrival back to Dubrovnik in the afternoon, our first and last stop. For all of the clients we have organized Dubrovnik city tour, the famous city enlisted as UNESCO’s World Heritage site, where your tour guide will show you the most interesting sights of Dubrovnik. After city tour you will be left on your own to dine around or explore city and return on your own to the boat. You will have afternoon and evening free to enjoy your stay in the Pearl of the Adriatic.
• Optional Extra Excursion to the Countryside (5hrs 14.30-19.30approx)
Overnight in Dubrovnik - Gruz Harbour (B,L)
DAY 8 • SATURDAY DUBROVNIK
It is time to say farewell to all your new friends after breakfast. (B)
• English speaking cruise manager on board
• 6 crew members
• 7 nights cruise in an airconditioned cabin with private ensuite
• Complimentary fresh fruit available daily
• Welcome dinner with three courses
• Buffet breakfast daily and 6 lunches with three courses
• Professional English speaking guide for city tours of Korčula, Hvar, Split and Dubrovnik with transfer to Old Town
• Wireless headset system for sightseeing’s (City Tours)
• Towels changed every second day & linen changed in the middle of the week
• Two bottles of water 0,50 liters per day and person
• Free unlimited Wi-Fi on board
• CCTV Security Cameras on board
• Elegance Rooftop Jacuzzi (Sun deck)
• Port and tourist taxes and fees, €25 per person/week, to be paid on board in cash
• Entrance to the Mljet National Park, approx €15 per person to be paid at entrance if clients want to enter
• Optional Excursion, Dubrovnik Countryside, approximate duration 5:00 hours (55 EUR pp)
Optional Excursions (pay locally):
• Dubrovnik Countryside, approximate duration 5:00 hours (55 EUR pp) - Friday afternoon upon arrival back to Dubrovnik. For anyone that has visited Dubrovnik old town before and prefers to do something else on Friday afternoon, there is an extra optional excursion. Explore the hidden Dubrovnik Countryside, which will amaze you with its natural beauties. The tour takes us on country roads that pass through picturesque small villages, we will have a photo stop on a hill above Dubrovnik, a high panoramic point from where you can see entire Dubrovnik as well as the all islands around. On our journey we will visit medieval watermills and spring of river Ljuta with presentation of flour production on a old, traditional way. You will be offered with welcome local liquor, figs, walnuts and homemade arancini - the candid sour and sweet orange peel sweets. We will taste special Dalmatian smoked ham and local cheese, have vine tasting of few red & white vines and local bread and conclude a evening with a nice walk at small seaside town of Cavtat, town situated on peninsula with it’s centuries old harmonious architecture and rich history sights and today one of the most attractive destination on the Adriatic coast. Reservations and payment on the spot. Including: guide, return transfer, flour presentation with welcome drink, Dalmatian smoked ham, cheese, bread and red & white wine tasting.
RESTRICTIONS: Captain reserves the right to change the route in case of bad weather conditions. Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board. In case of inappropriate behavior Captain reserves the right in requesting clients to disembark.
DISCLAIMER: Due to specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it. Cruise not recommended for clients in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
BEDS: Many cruise ships now have ‘flex-beds’, which can be moved together to form a Double/Queen size bed with 2 single mattresses on a combined base, leaving a small separation between the mattresses. Even a traditional double/queen bed mattress might have separate bedding on each side, such as 2 single duvets, rather than one large one. If this is an issue for you, please let us know before booking. Thank you.
Luxury accommodations are provided.
- • English speaking cruise manager on board
- • 6 crew members
- • 7 nights cruise in an airconditioned cabin with private ensuite
- • Complimentary fresh fruit available daily
- • Welcome dinner with three courses
- • Buffet breakfast daily and 6 lunches with three courses
- • Professional English speaking guide for city tours of Korčula, Hvar, Split and Dubrovnik with transfer to Old Town
- • Wireless headset system for sightseeing’s (City Tours)
- • Towels changed every second day & linen changed in the middle of the week
- • Two bottles of water 0,50 liters per day and person
- • Free unlimited Wi-Fi on board
- • CCTV Security Cameras on board
- • Elegance Rooftop Jacuzzi (Sun deck)
- NOT INCLUDED:
- • Port and tourist taxes and fees, €25 per person/week, to be paid on board in cash
- • Entrance to the Mljet National Park, approx €15 per person to be paid at entrance if clients want to enter
- • Optional excursions
- Optional Excursions (pay locally):
- • Dubrovnik Countryside, approximate duration 5:00 hours (50 EUR pp) (Friday afternoon)
Frequently Asked Questions
We have loads more specific FAQ answered on our other pages, check them out here:
Before You Go (general info for all travellers)
Before Your Cruise (small ship Croatia cruises)
Before Your Private Charter (private gulets and yacht charter)
Before Your Island Hopping Tour (packages combining hotels, ferries and transfers)
Click here to see how the booking process works: https://discovercroatia.com.au/how-to-book/
How far in advance do I need to book?
Cruises: For our weekly small ship cruises with guaranteed departures we suggest you book as soon as your plans are in motion. All cruises are extremely popular especially during peak season, which is June, July, August, September and these dates can be booked out up to a year in advance, especially September. One-way cruises are particularly sought-after and tend to sell out first, so please speak to us first to ensure your cruise choice is available before booking any flight arrangements.
Escorted Tours: Escorted Group Tours with guaranteed departures are also best booked as early as possible to ensure your place on the tour, as spaces are limited to a set number of passengers. Once the tour is full that departure is closed for new bookings.
Island Hopping, Self-Drive, Self-Guided Cycling/Hiking and Independent or Private Tours: Independent tours are available most days of the week at any time of year, so if you're booking late these are a great option. They can also start or finish on any day of the week, so can be a great alternative to the cruises (that mostly depart only on Saturdays). You can check out our Island Hopper Tours and our active tours for some examples. If you can't find what you are looking for please make an enquiry on any of our tours and let us know what you need. We love creating custom tours with our clients.
What do the different ship categories mean?
Please see our Ship Descriptions page here, for all the information on Ship Categories, Deck and Cabin Descriptions
What is half-board? What meals are included?
Half-board (HB): This means that 2 meals a day are usually provided, mostly it will be breakfast and lunch on cruises, and breakfast and dinner on escorted tours. Each cruise or tour will have meals listed on the daily itinerary, so that you will know exactly which meals are included. Some lunches or dinners are swapped occasionally, so that you may enjoy a wonderful gourmet experience with your fellow travellers, such as a Captain's Dinner on a cruise, or a wine-tasting and lunch on an escorted tour. For the remainder of your meals you will be able to dine anywhere you choose and you will be responsible for the cost of those meals. Your Cruise or Tour Director will be happy to recommend a good value and trusted eatery nearby at every location, or you can explore on your own.
Bed and Breakfast (BB): This means that only breakfast is included in your holiday. Most of our Independent Tours include breakfast only, so that you are not beholden to going back to your hotel for lunch or dinner as you are going to be exploring on your own. We think that flexibility with lunch and dinner gives you the best option for exploring Croatia and experiencing the local culture and cuisine.
Full-board (FB) is occasionally offered on cruises as an optional extra, but we do not recommend you take the full-board option unless you are really sure about it. A lot of the joy of the cruise and tour experiences is to dine in local restaurants, 'konobas' (traditional pubs) and bars, so that you can meet the people who live and work there. Why come all the way to Croatia only to eat on-board for every meal? There are so many fabulous (and even some famous!) eateries. Get out there and taste them!
What type of transport is used on the Island Hopper Tours? Local ferries and vehicle transfers
Local ferries: Local ferries are used between the mainland and the islands where possible. Most of these ferries are fast ferries (high speed catamarans). Our Island Hopper Tours include all ferry tickets, as well as delivery of the ferry tickets to your hotel, when we come to pick you up to take you to the ferry port. In some towns, where some hotels are in the pedestrian zone close to the ferry port (like Hvar), then you will be met at the ferry and directed to your hotel, with luggage assistance if required. If your hotel is outside the pedestrian zone you will be met at the ferry and taken to your transfer vehicle, with luggage assistance if required.
Transfers: Most Island Hoppers have private airport transfers included, and private transfers to/from the ferry ports on the islands. Some transfers will be shared transfers if there are others going to the exact same hotel at the same time and it is a short distance.
How fit do I need to be for my holiday?
Relaxation/cultural cruises and tours: On-board your cruise ship, you will need to be able to negotiate gangways and stairs and be able to step from ship to ship as the cruise ships are moored next to each other sideways and sometimes you need to step across to the next ship. You will be walking mostly on the cobblestone streets through the iconic cities and towns of the region. The excursions are best-suited to those who are capable of walking on uneven surfaces as many old cities and towns have limited totally flat surfaces that can accommodate wheelchairs or walking-frames. Please contact us to ask about your specific circumstances, as we are happy to help plan for your needs as best we can. Assistance will be provided on cruise ships to help you navigate getting on and off, but there are a few limitations. Please ask.
Cycling tours: Although almost completely flat this cycle tour is graded easy to moderate as the daily distance ranges between approximately 15-50 km. You will be biking mostly on the dedicated cycle paths alongside canals, rivers and through the iconic cities and towns of the region. This tour is well-suited to those who have never taken a cycling holiday before as it is flat and predominantly traffic-free and you also have the option of skipping the cycling and relaxing on board.
What happens if I can't attend an excursion?
It is possible to relax at your hotel, on the tour bus or on the boat at any time.
What happens if I can't cycle or hike a stage on an active holiday?
For cycling cruises: If you don't want to cycle it is possible to relax on the boat as it moves to the next port of call.
For cycling and hiking tours: If you don't want to (or can't due to illness or injury) cycle, hike or walk a stage, then we will make arrangements to have you transferred to the next stop on your itinerary so that you can continue with your holiday. Prices for transfers vary widely, so pricing will be provided on an 'as needed' basis only.
What equipment do I need?
Relaxation/excursion cruises and tours: You will need comfortable walking shoes, clothes for relaxing, your swimming costume, and a sunhat. Most cruises are fairly relaxed and casual clothing is fine for all meals, though you may want to take one nice outfit depending on where you wish to dine onshore.
Cycling cruises and tours: You will need comfortable sports shoes, comfortable clothes for cycling, waterproof jacket and trousers, a helmet and a sunhat. We supply a detailed packing list with your information pack.
Available Special Offer
Click on available dates (blue or red) for pricing
- DAY 1 • SATURDAY DUBROVNIK
- DAY 2 • SUNDAY DUBROVNIK- ELAPHITI ISLANDS- KORČULA
- DAY 3 • MONDAY KORČULA - HVAR
- DAY 4 • TUESDAY HVAR - BOL – SPLIT
- DAY 5 • WEDNESDAY SPLIT – PUČIŠĆA ( BRAČ ISLAND) - MAKARSKA
- DAY 6 • THURSDAY MAKARSKA- NATIONAL PARK MLJET
- DAY 7 • FRIDAY KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
- DAY 8 • SATURDAY DUBROVNIK