Entry to Croatia COVID Requirements
Please note the change on 6th May 2022. There are no longer any covid restrictions on entry to Croatia.
(See Slovenia info here: https://discovercroatia.com.au/entry-to-slovenia-requirements/)
Australian Govt current advisory for Croatia: https://smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/europe/croatia
We highly recommend that you go to the Smart Traveller website link above and subscribe to updates and push notifications.
There is a new Ministry of Tourism website, ‘Enter Croatia‘, that you can pre-fill to help speed up your arrival once you land in Croatia: https://entercroatia.mup.hr/
From 2022, all non-EU citizens must apply for a European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) visa waiver for many EU countries, but not for Croatia. Croatia is not a member of the Schengen states yet in 2022. https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-countries
The information below was for entry prior to 6th May 2022. At that date the requirement changed and you currently do not need any documents or tests regarding covid to enter Croatia.
Australians: You can go to the Medicare Australia site and apply for an “International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate“ (PDF file download): https://www2.medicareaustralia.gov.au/moaonline/#/air/immunisationhistory
COVID – Negative Test, Vaccine Certificate or Recovered Proof is required for entry by tourists
Here is the link to the official Croatian Government website with all the information about tourists entering Croatia and the requirements as it pertains to COVID-19. There is a form at the bottom of the page that you can fill in to request more information from the Croatian government about your specific case if necessary.
Our clients will mostly be using number 1 or 2 to gain entry to Croatia (negative test or printed vaccine certificate). Please fully check below which option will be the one you choose and be prepared with all your documentation.
Here is the excerpt from the above page (as at 18th January 2022) as it pertains to tourists with arrangements and reservations already made (eg cruise, tour, hotel bookings etc where you have proof of the arrangement such as a Voucher or Booking email):
“Third-country nationals” (This means Australian, USA, NZ, UK etc passport holders)
‘Third-country nationals who are not family members of citizens of Schengen Member States and Schengen Associated States nor are long-term residents under Council Directive 2003/109/EC of 25 November 2003 concerning the status of third-country nationals who are long-term residents and persons entitled to reside under other EU directives or national law or who have national long-term visas, apart from persons referred to in point 1 of this Decision will be granted entry in the Republic of Croatia only in cases of necessary travel.
Exceptions to the above-mentioned necessary travel are the following categories (including tourists):
8. persons who travel for tourist reasons and have a certificate of reservation or paid accommodation in a hotel, camp, private renter or rented vessel and other form of tourist accommodation or are owners of houses or vessels in the Republic of Croatia – entry into the Republic of Croatia will be allowed upon presentation of one of the following documents:
- negative PCR test result not older than 72 hours from the moment of testing, or rapid antigen test result – RAT for SARS-CoV-2 that is included in the Common list of rapid antigen tests recognized by the Member States of the European Union, published by the European Commission, provided that the RAT test result is not older than 48 hours from the moment of testing to the moment of arrival at the border crossing point;
- certificate not older than 365 days of receipt of two doses of vaccine used in EU Member States (Pfizer, Moderna, AstaZeneca, Gamaleya, Sinopharm) or vaccines approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use (Serum Institute of India – Covishield, Bharat Biotech – Covaxin, Sinovac – CoronaVac) or presentation of a certificate not older than 365 days of receipt one dose of vaccine received in one dose (Janssen / Johnson & Johnson) if 14 days have passed since receiving that one dose;
- certificate showing that they have recovered from COVID-19 and have received one dose of vaccine used in EU Member States (Pfizer, Moderna, AstaZeneca, Gamaleya, Sinopharm within eight months from contracting the disease, provided that the vaccine was administered less than 356 days from their arrival at the border crossing point;
- a positive PCR or rapid antigen test result, referred to in paragraph III, item 1, subitem 1 of the said Decision, confirming that the holder recovered from the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, which was performed in the previous 365 days, and which is older than 11 days from the date of arrival at the border crossing point, or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 issued by a physician;
- or they will be imposed self-isolation upon arriving in the Republic of Croatia with a possibility of getting a PCR test or rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 and if they cannot get tested, they have to self-isolate for a total of 10 days.’
Croatia DOES accept PAPER VACCINATION CERTIFICATES.
It does not accept Australian QR codes, so you will need to print out your international vaccination certificate and take it with you. We suggest you print out many copies as you might need to leave one with the authorities when you arrive.
Neither clients nor staff are forced to be vaccinated for Croatian cruises on our small cruise ship. European Union (EU) employers are not allowed to ask the vaccination status of their employees, nor can they require employees to be vaccinated.
Croatia has a ‘Stay Safe in Croatia’ Project, designed to ensure the highest of health standards for tourism operators; https://safestayincroatia.hr/en/about-project. Croatia is also included in the ‘Safe Travels’ Global Safety Stamp Protocols; https://wttc.org/COVID-19/Safe-Travels-Global-Protocols-Stamp.
Please contact us if you have any questions about your specific arrangements. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure you have the correct documentation when you land in Croatia, including any visas, vaccine certificates and anything else you need for your particular circumstances.
Phone or WhatsApp: +612-9212-1507
Email: [email protected]